Nike is pumping out collaborations with Off-White’s Virgil Abloh and it brought back its iconic Mars Yard shoe with Tom Sachs over the summer.
Lost in all the hoopla is that none of the pairs from “The Ten” with Abloh, nor the Sachs shoe, or even one of the Yeezys are charting in the way you might expect.
In fact, the shoe has been the best seller overall in the last three consecutive months—they’ve pulled off what I’m dubbing a full “Shape of You,” after the Ed Sheeran track that also spent three months atop the charts .
Like “Shape of You,” you may not see the Tanjun on any critics’ lists , but the inoffensive Sneaker is built to move in massive numbers.
It’s comfortable, it’s totally bland, you can reliably throw them on without much fuss—much like an Ed Sheeran banger.
- Kendall Jenner helps Adidas US sales pass Air JordanNew York Post
- Adidas overtakes Brand Jordan for No. 2 in US sneaker salesSFGate
- Adidas surpasses Jordan as 2nd-most popular sneakerFanRag Sports (blog)
- Sneaker world shakeup: Adidas overtakes Jordan in the USKSDK
- Look! adidas Passes The Jordan Brand For The #2 Sneaker Brand In The USstupidDOPE.com (blog)
- Surging Adidas overtakes Jordan Brand for No. 2 spot behind Nike in US sneaker ...Washington Post
- Kanye Called It! Adidas Jumps Over Jumpman As Second Most Popular Sneaker BrandBET
- Adidas Just Shocked the Sneakerhead World by Jumping Over JordanEsquire.com
- Adidas Overtakes Jordan To Become #2 Sneaker Brand In US: NPDNasdaq