Kohl's said will pack and ship eligible Amazon return items for free at the 82 stores offering the service.
Like other department stores, Kohl's is trying to come to grips with the growing popularity of online shopping and as Amazon turns its sights on new product categories.
Lower-cost and mid-tier retailers such as Kohl's, J.C. Penney ( JCP ) and Dillard's could face significant pressure on their profit margins as Amazon dives deeper into the apparel market, analysts with credit rating agency Fitch said in a recent report.
Best Buy recently launched a similar program, which sends its employees to customer's homes to recommend electronics.
Analysts have said that being partners with Amazon will give Kohl's a way to differentiate itself from other department stores and lure shoppers looking to buy electronics.
- Kohl's to accept Amazon returns in 82 storesReuters
- Kohl's will let Amazon customers return stuff for freeKTAL
- Kohl's opens its doors to Amazon's returnsCNBC
- Got an Amazon return? Kohl's soon will send it back for youOCRegister
- Kohl's to start accepting Amazon returns at some stores in Chicago, LAChicago Tribune
- Kohl's offers free Amazon returns in 82 storesCNET
- Amazon returns will soon be accepted at select Kohl's storesMilwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Kohl's to accept Amazon returns at stores in Chicago, LAL.A. Biz
- Kohl's to start accepting Amazon returns at some storesABC News