She won a gold medal and set a world record in the 2012 London Paralympics, for swimming.
The ESPN personality and former paralympian swimmer spent a decade paralyzed from the waist down.
She got ill when she was 11 years old, and it led to a series of symptoms that culminated in a diagnosis of two rare diseases: Transverse Myelitis and Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis, which caused swelling in her brain and spinal cord.
Following the London games, Arlen joined Project Walk, a paralysis recovery center based in San Diego, which offered a useful therapy.
Victoria Arlen and her partner Valentin Chmerkovskiy compete on the "Dancing With the Stars" premiere.
- Dancing with the Stars' Victoria Arlen and Val Chmerkovskiy Have the Best ...E! Online
- Paralympian's inspirational 'DWTS' performance will give you the feelsYahoo Entertainment
- Former Paralympian Victoria Arlen Wows DWTS Judges – Despite Only Learning to ...PEOPLE.com
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Victoria Arlen on her journey back from paralysisABC News
- Val Chmerkovskiy and Jenna Johnson Hold Hands After Post-'DWTS' Premiere ...Entertainment Tonight
- Val Chmerkovskiy & Jenna Johnson Grab Dinner Together After DWTS & SYTYCDJust Jared Jr.
- Paralympian Swimmer Victoria Arlen Is Going To Make Me Ugly Cry On Every ...Hollywood Life
- Victoria Arlen Wore Pink For the DWTS 25 Premiere For This Special ReasonJust Jared Jr.
- Exeter's Victoria Arlen makes 'Dancing With The Stars' debutSeacoastonline.com