Enes Kanter has used social media to take a few shots at ex-teammate Kevin Durant in the past, so with the latter’s recent Twitter-related headlines, it was no surprise that the Oklahoma City Thunder center had another go at the Golden State Warriors forward.
In a Twitter post of his own, Kanter stuck up for his squad and its fan base, with an implied criticism of Durant’s lack of loyalty.
Durant had used his Twitter account Sunday to respond to another user’s request for “one legitimate reason” — “other than getting a championship” — for leaving the Thunder to sign with the already powerful Warriors last summer.
“He didn’t like the organization or playing for [OKC Coach] Billy Donovan,” Durant replied, using the third person.
A native of Turkey, Kanter has been an outspoken critic of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and he had trouble making it back to the U.S. over the summer after the Turkish government revoked his passport .
- Kevin Durant admits after decision to leave OKC he felt “f—— up”NBCSports.com
- Kevin Durant says tweets about former coach and teammates were 'childish' and ...Washington Post
- Kevin Durant says he initially regretted his decision to join the WarriorsCBSSports.com
- Kevin Durant Admits to Regretting Signing with Warriors at First Due to BacklashBleacher Report
- NBA Superstar Kevin Durant Explains His Approach to Investing in StartupsTheStreet.com
- Enes Kanter Tweets Love for OKC After Kevin Durant's Criticism of ThunderSports Illustrated
- Durant's social media slip up exposes obsessionNEWS.com.au
- Durant calls critical Tweet about Thunder coach Billy Donovan and roster ...The Mercury News
- NBA star Kevin Durant regrets losing cool with fans on TwitterCNET