When the New York Giants hired Ben McAdoo to replace Tom Coughlin as head coach, it was strange.
The offense was bad last season too, but the Giants had a great defense and won a ton of close games to make the playoffs.
McAdoo officially gets credit for an 11-5 record last season, but the Giants won in spite of his poor offense.
The coach deserved some blame too when the Giants decided to go for it on fourth-and-goal at the 2-yard line, the play came in slow and they took a delay of game.
The Giants probably figured that if they added to the defense, McAdoo could coach the offense to big things.
- Odell Beckham returns, but hapless Giants fall 24-10 to LionsUSA TODAY
- Matthew Stafford, Lions Beat Eli Manning, Giants in Odell Beckham's '17 DebutBleacher Report
- No, Jon Gruden, that was not 'the most dramatic field goal' you've ever seen madeWashington Post
- Odell Beckham Jr. Returns, but Giants Sputter Against LionsNew York Times
- Giants (0-2) fall to Lions despite Odell Beckham Jr.'s returnNewsday
- O'HARA'S BURNING QUESTIONS: What made the difference for Lions?detroitlions.com
- Giants' Ben McAdoo throws Eli Manning under the bus for delay of game penaltyCBSSports.com
- NFL notes: Lions run over GiantsSTLtoday.com
- Three & Out: Takeaways from Detroit Lions' 24-10 Win over the New York GiantsSports Illustrated