Sox 2B Dustin Pedroia bruises nose with foul ball
BALTIMORE — Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia was struck in the face by his own foul ball and forced out of Boston's game against the Baltimore Orioles with a bruised nose.
Pedroia fouled a pitch off the plate, and the ball bounced up and struck him in the nose.
Pedroia held a towel to his face to stop the bleeding, but was in no condition to continue.
He was sidelined for several days after being clipped at second base on a late slide by Manny Machado on April 21.
- Dustin Pedroia (nasal contusion) will be re-evaluated on Tuesday, no CT scan ...MassLive.com
- Dustin Pedroia exits game after taking check-swing foul off of his faceNBCSports.com
- Dustin Pedroia exits Boston Red Sox game after taking foul ball to the face ...MassLive.com
- Pedroia leaves game with nasal contusion after fouling ball off his faceComcast SportsNet New England
- Dustin Pedroia exits after fouling pitch off faceFanRag Sports (blog)
- Dustin Pedroia exits after being hit in face with foul ballWEEI.com (blog)
- Dustin Pedroia Fouls Ball Off Face, Leaves GameDeadspin
- Red Sox's Dustin Pedroia exits game after foul ball hits plate, then faceESPN
- Red Sox 2B Pedroia bruises nose with foul, is day to dayFOXSports.com