Before the season, Auburn (2-1) was widely mentioned as the SEC team best suited to unseat Alabama as the king of the conference.
So far, Gus Malzhan’s Tigers have routed Georgia Southern 41-7, held their own on the road against defending national champion Clemson in a 14-6 loss and overcome five turnovers to narrowly beat Mercer 24-10.
While the offense has been unsteady at times — Clemson piled up 11 sacks against the Tigers — Malzahn’s defense has turned into one of the SEC’s best units, allowing a league-low 3.2 yards per play.
Quarterback Jarrett Stidham, a Baylor transfer, started slowly but put his accuracy on display last week, completing all but five of his 37 passes for 364 yards.
Their length on the perimeter and their speed makes it tough and they contest everything in the passing game.”—Missouri offensive coordinator Josh Heupel on Auburn’s defense
- Auburn Football: White dismissed from teamTimes Daily
- College football: Auburn quarterback Sean White dismissedLos Angeles Times
- Auburn QB Kicked Off Team For Allegedly Behaving Like A College StudentDeadspin
- Don't blame Gus Malzahn for Sean White's mistakesAL.com
- A look back at Sean White's up-and-down Auburn careerAL.com
- Auburn backup QB kicked off team after arrestWPMI Local 15 News
- Chip Lindsey is calling plays, but Auburn offense — and its struggle ...SECcountry.com
- Auburn quarterback Sean White dismissed from team after public intoxication arrestAOL
- Depth at quarterback once again an issue for Auburn TigersDothan Eagle