The offseason additions of wide receiver Brandon Marshall and tight end Evan Engram would, in theory, compensate for any fading arm strength.
Manning has averaged only 6.6 yards per attempt, and with pressure consistently getting home, defenses have been able to focus on stopping an already mediocre rushing Offense.
The Giants clawed back to the 2-yard line on fourth down, which is when McAdoo looked at his offense, or the complete lack of it, and decided to keep pushing.
In an astounding lack of awareness, it was allowed to reach double zeros, and the Giants were moved back five yards by a delay-of-game penalty at a crucial, game-defining moment.
Marshall was signed to be the ideal complement as a quality possession receiver across from Odell Beckham Jr. Now his name and face belong on a milk carton after only two receptions for 27 yards over two games.
- Giants might have made a mistake hiring Ben McAdoo as head coachYahoo Sports
- 5 winners and 5 losers from the Lions' 24-10 win over the GiantsSB Nation
- Lions vs. Giants score, highlights, things to know: Eli's offensive line is a ...CBSSports.com
- Lions rolling into matchup vs Falcons; Giants seeming lostmySanAntonio.com
- Inside the locker room: Lions say their defense could be No. 1MLive.com
- It wasn't a fluke: Giants' offense wasn't ready for 2017ABC News
- Odell Beckham Jr. Returns, but Giants Sputter Against LionsNew York Times
- Lions grades: High marks abound for all vs. Giants, except offensive lineDetroit Free Press
- Next Gen Stats recap: Giants' offense has deep issuesNFL.com