Andrew Benintendi's 11th inning, two-run single not only gave the Red Sox a 10-8 victory, but it marked the club's 14th win in extras this season.
While there's never an intent to head to extras, Boston's level of success past the ninth inning has provided confidence for the club.
"There is some level of comfort," Red Sox manager John Farrell said in the club's ability to win.
Doug Fister lasted just two innings, allowing five runs on four hits and leaving the Red Sox in a 5-0 hole.
But that lead disappeared when Fernando Abad gave up a solo homer and Brandon Workman allowed an RBI double after an error from Rafael Devers.
- Red Sox rally from early deficit to beat OriolesBoston Herald
- Benintendi's single in 11th sends Red Sox over Orioles 10-8Yahoo Sports
- Red Sox notebook: Christian Vazquez' hot bat earns DH appearanceBoston Herald
- Baseball CapsulesUSA TODAY
- Benintendi caps comebackAlbany Times Union
- Boston secures 14th win in extras this yearSeacoastonline.com
- Red Sox may have used Fitbit, not Apple Watch, to steal signsCNET
- Red Sox may have used a Fitbit, not an Apple Watch, to snag Yankees signsTechCrunch
- RED SOX NOTEBOOK: Nu ez working his way backThe Patriot Ledger