With the Packers trailing the Falcons 17-7 and a minute left in the second quarter last night, Aaron Rodgers hit Randall Cobb for a 35-yard gain that appeared to have Green Bay rolling toward a score before halftime.
Unfortunately, Packers tight end Martellus Bennett was flagged for Offensive Pass Interference for a pick play.
That wiped out a huge gain, and in the sequence of events that followed it was the Falcons who scored before halftime.
After the game, the Packers’ website reported that Rodgers and Packers Coach Mike Mccarthy were incredulous about the call .
Packers Coach Mike McCarthy was so angry that he picked up an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for yelling at the officials.
- My take: Falcons' offense flashes signs of explosivenessMyAJC
- Packers' O-line adjusts without Bakhtiari, BulagaPackers.com
- Atlanta Falcons get repeat performance in 'SNF' win over Green Bay PackersSyracuse.com
- Falcons exorcise their 28-3 demons (for now)ESPN
- Explanations hard to come by for PackersPackers.com
- The Falcons are making an early case that they remain the NFC's best teamWashington Post
- Packers not happy with how officials called pick plays in loss to FalconsSB Nation
- Packer Perspective: The soft-tissue nightmare haunts PackersLomdardiAve
- Falcons' romp over Packers helps bury Super Bowl memoriesNFL.com