At last night's 69th Emmy Awards, HBO's dark dramedy Big Little Lies and its actors secured many golden statues—all well-deserved wins for an emotionally deft and perceptive show about the dangers of secrets .
And perhaps taking a cue from her craft, Nicole Kidman was anything but tight-lipped when she congratulated Alexander Skarsgård on his trophy ( outstanding supporting actor in a limited series or movie ) with a full-on kiss on the lips—right in front of her husband, Keith Urban , a country-music artist and maybe the only man alive making a case for the goatee.
Is it socially acceptable for married men and women to kiss people who aren't their spouses on the lips?
In the case of Kidman and Skarsgård, it would seem that the Internet really took issue with the fact that Keith Urban was standing there looking on.
If they're doing that well enough to win Emmys, they're certainly capable of sharing a sweet, congratulatory, "friendly" kiss while remaining professional and respectful of their significant others.
- Reese Witherspoon's Daughter Has The Best Reason For Being Proud Of Her Mom's ...Bustle
- Stylist Cristina Ehrlich on Laura Dern's Winning Emmy Awards DressVogue.com
- This Hollywood Royalty Daughter and Her Emmy-Winning Mother Could Be TwinsVogue.com
- Why Didn't Nicole Kidman Thank Her Two Children With Tom Cruise at the Emmys?Vogue.com
- Liane Moriarty Reveals the Domestic Abuse in 'Big Little Lies' Is Based on ...Glamour
- Nicole Kidman kisses Alexander Skarsgard in front of husband Keith Urban at ...Fox News
- Politics, diverse winners, new voices top key Emmy momentsWorcester Telegram
- The Complicated Reason Nicole Kidman Didn't Thank Her 2 Older Kids at the EmmysPOPSUGAR UK
- Emmys 2017: Celebrities' Candid MomentsE! Online