The data they produced will help NASA select individuals and groups with the right mix of traits to best cope with the stress, isolation and danger of a two-to-three year trip to Mars.
The Crew was quarantined for eight months on a vast plain below the summit of the Big Island's Mauna Loa, the world's largest active volcano.
While isolated, the crew members wore space suits and traveled in teams whenever they left their small dome living structure.
The team's information technology specialist, Laura Lark, thinks a manned voyage to Mars is a reasonable goal for NASA.
The devices could sense if people were avoiding one another, or if they were "toe-to-toe'' in an argument, said the project's lead investigator, University of Hawaii professor Kim Binsted.
- Fake Mars mission comes to an end after eight months stuck up a volcanoMetro
- Mars 'crew' emerge after eight-month isolation on Hawaiian volcanoSky News
- Mars Simulation Crew Ends Eight-Month MissionBig Island Now
- Video: The Scots 'spaceman' who returned to Earth after Mars mission and the ...HeraldScotland
- British scientist emerges from remote Hawaiian dome after spending EIGHT ...Daily Mail
- After “Living on Mars” for Eight Months, Mission V Subjects Are Coming HomeFuturism
- My eight months on 'Mars' - Brit 'returns to Earth' after living on volcano to ...Mirror.co.uk
- Six-member NASA crew exit qurantined Mars-like habitatZee News
- Simulated 'mission to Mars' comes to an endABC Local