Battleborn , the hero shooter from Borderlands studio Gearbox, is getting one more big update and then that's it.
Creative director Randy Varnell made the announcement in a forum post , stating, "As of this week, there will be no more Battleplans and there is currently no planned content after the Fall Update."
Varnell added that he will be transitioning to a role on the team that is currently development Gearbox's unannounced game, which could be Borderlands 3 .
"It's been a long labor of love with many of my good friends at Gearbox, and I'm proud to have shared that journey with you, our community.
Battleborn was Gearbox's biggest investment in its history in terms of production, though it's certainly possible that the studio's new, unannounced game could eclipse that if it is indeed Borderlands 3.
- Gearbox No Longer Updating Battleborn as Devs Shift Focus to New ProjectXboxAchievements
- Battleborn: No more content planned as the team moves on to Borderlands 3VG247
- Gearbox Ending Battleborn DevelopmentGame Rant
- No more updates for Battleborn, says GearboxVideogamer.com
- Battleborn's Creative Director Says Fall Update Will Be Its LastKotaku Australia
- 'Battleborn' is winding down months after going free-to-playEngadget
- Battleborn Will Get No More Updates After the Fall PatchGame Revolution
- Battleborn's Director Says Fall Update Will Be Its LastExpressNewsline
- Gearbox Software Quietly Shutting Down BattlebornNiche Gamer