Only about a quarter of his 24 snaps during the game actually came in the nickel or dime, which means that they were mostly limiting him to service as a traditional 3-4 nose tackle.
I can’t help but wonder—and perhaps, hope—that with a week to prepare and revise, heading into a game in which they expect they will not have Tuitt, the Steelers’ coaches will have a more ambitious plan for Hargrave.
I think Hargrave showed last week the kind of effective piece he can be, and I think he offers more than Alualu as a pass-rusher, so I would like to see him get more situational work in sub-packages.
They didn’t have any issues using only four defensive linemen last week, so even though he is a shoe-in to dress if Tuitt does not, that does not guarantee playing time.
On a McCullers note, it will be nice at least to get the big man back on the field goal and extra point blocking units, because you never know what can happen.
- Mike Tomlin part of Steelers coaching legacy after year with Vikings' Brad ...Duluth News Tribune
- Position-by-position: How the Vikings match up with the Steelers1500 ESPN
- Minnesota Vikings QB situation cloudy before showdown with Pittsburgh SteelersEndZoneScore
- Minnesota Vikings at Pittsburgh Steelers: Game Time, Channel, Radio, Streaming ...Daily Norseman
- Despite loss, everything Golden for Wildcat-turned-SteelerEastern Arizona Courier
- Pittsburgh Steelers Week 2 Injury Report: Stephon Tuitt And JJ Wilcox ...CBS Pittsburgh / KDKA
- Preview: How this D-line will replace Tuitt, four other things to watch vs ...DKPittsburghSports.com (subscription)
- Steelers LB Dupree clear, DE Tuitt questionable vs. VikingsNew Jersey Herald
- Browns notes: Guard Kevin Zeitler will wear protect covering on surgically ...Chronicle Telegram