The Dolphins’ delayed season opener at the Chargers had weird written all over it from the start.
And the Dolphins were playing in front of a crowd of 25,381, in a 27,000-seat stadium, the StubHub Center, a nice facility for most events but not an NFL game.
About the only sense of normalcy came from running back Jay Ajayi, who rushed for 122 yards on 28 carries.
The Dolphins, who started arriving in Southern California about nine days ago, took a 3-0 lead in the first quarter and trailed the rest of the way until Parkey’s game winner.
But Cutler overthrew Landry in the end zone on second down, then Chargers defensive end Melvin Ingram beat left tackle Laremy Tunsil and sacked Cutler on third down.
- Another late missed FG dooms Chargers in LA debutThe San Diego Union-Tribune
- Kareem Hunt carves through the Eagles' defense and scrambles for the 53-yard ...FOXSports.com
- Chargers' debut in LA marred by 19-17 loss to Miami as Gates sets TD recordKABC-TV
- Dolphins at Chargers final score and immediate reactionsThe Phinsider
- Dolphins hold on to spoil Chargers' LA debut, 19-17Idaho Statesman
- Chargers kicker Younghoe Koo misses another big kick, job may be in jeopardyYahoo Sports
- The cannons went off for the Chargers' losing FG miss ... at homeFor The Win
- Chargers up 10-3 on the ultra-conservative DolphinsNBCSports.com
- Chargers vs. Dolphins: 3 Keys to VictoryNBC 7 San Diego