The points are reset to give all 30 players at East Lake a mathematical chance, but the top five seeds only have to win the Tour Championship to capture the FedEx Cup.
As usual, the only drama at Conway Farms was who made it to East Lake, and a pair of PGA Tour rookies delivered.
Cantlay returned to golf after a three-year break from a back injury that nearly ended his career, and the death of his close friend and caddie, Chris Roth, who was hit by car as they walked to dinner.
His second shot was on the rocks in the stream, and after taking close to 30 minutes on a drop, he smacked it over the green into the grandstand, got more relief, and then got up-and-down for his par.
Leishman pegged this event as a chance to spread awareness for sepsis and toxic shock syndrome, which nearly killed his wife two years ago.
- Leishman gets redemption in Chicago, wins BMW ChampionshipNew York Daily News
- The clubs Marc Leishman used to win the BMW ChampionshipGolfDigest.com
- Marc Leishman wins BMW Championship, sets tournament record at 23 underUSA TODAY
- BMW Championship: Marc Leishman wins, Justin Rose and Rickie Fowler secondBBC Sport
- Marc Leishman wins BMW Championship in Chicago in impressive styleABC Online
- Fowler hails 'world class' Leishman after BMW Championship winAOL UK
- BMW Championship: Marc Leishman moves into top 5 with winSporting News
- Marc Leishman holds off Justin Rose to win BMW ChampionshipChicago Sun-Times
- Leishman fends off Rose challenge to win BMW ChampionshipDaily Mail