Netflix recently released Season 3 of “Narcos,” which picks up after the death of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar, with DEA agent Javier Peña (Pedro Pascal) working to dismantle another cartel.
Because of the rural area, authorities have had trouble finding witnesses, a spokesman for the attorney general of the state of Mexico told the newspaper.
“We are aware of the passing of Carlos Muñoz Portal, a well-respected Scout, and send our condolences to his family,” the company said in a statement to Deadline .
“Cali was the cartel that really utilized the smuggling routes through Mexico and the Mexican heroin smugglers who were already incredibly successful,” Newman told the entertainment news site then.
According to his IMDb profile , Muñoz worked in the television and film industry for more than a decade, starting as a location assistant in the mid-2000s for movies including “Man on Fire,” “The Legend of Zorro” and “Apocalypto.” His social media pages indicated that he attended the University of the Americas in his native Puebla, Mexico, about 80 miles southeast of Mexico City — and, outside of the film industry, that he was an avid tennis and soccer fan and landscape photographer.
- 'Narcos' location scout found shot dead in MexicoAOL
- Location scout for Netflix's 'Narcos' shot dead in MexicoFox News
- Narcos location manager shot dead in Mexico while finding locations for series ...Metro
- Narcos locations manager is shot dead in Mexico while scouting locations for ...The Sun
- Location scout for Neflix's Narcos is chased down and shot dead 'by a real ...Daily Mail
- 'Narcos' Location Scout Found Dead in MexicoJust Jared
- 'Narcos' locations manager shot dead while scouting in MexicoNew York Daily News
- Narcos Location Scout Carlos Muñoz Portal Found Dead in MexicoPEOPLE.com
- 'Narcos' Location Manager Gunned Down In MexicoThe Daily Caller