The Vanity Fair reporter Evgenia Peretz was welcomed into the “11,000 square foot beaux arts mansion” in Los Feliz, which the 42-year-old actress and her six children acquired after her divorce last year from Brad Pitt.
When the interview hit the stands in July, however, it prompted an outcry from Team Jolie and controversy over comments she made about the casting process behind her latest film.
Now Jolie is fighting her corner against Vanity Fair , which quoted her as describing an unsettling audition to find the right actor to play the young Loung Ung.
Celebrity-fixated tabloid media have trivialised Jolie’s appetite for adoption, just as they did to Mia Farrow and Madonna before her, but it would be churlish to cast aspersions on someone who has demonstrated such commitment to altruism and humanitarian work.
Though her detours into escapism are increasingly rare these days, she made a mainstream acting comeback in 2014 in Maleficent , Disney’s live-action adventure, where she brought flesh-and-blood suffering and a certain wry humour to a staple character of fairytale villainy: the witch who cursed Sleeping Beauty to a 100-year lie-in.
- Angelina Jolie Returning To “Dark Side” To Get Brad Pitt Back?Gossip Cop
- Brad Pitt Ready To Date After Angelina Jolie Split: Who Is His New Girlfriend?The Inquisitr
- Angelia Jolie's kids all wore yellow flowers to her movie premiere for this ...HelloGiggles
- What Is The Angkar? Angelina Jolie's New Movie Tells The Story Of Cambodia's ...Gears Of Biz
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie back on?CelebsNow
- Angelina 'Scary Skinny,' Reportedly Has Shocking Secret Reason For Divorce ...The Inquisitr
- Is Angelina Jolie the real villain in her divorce with Brad Pitt?The Express Tribune
- First They Killed My Father movie review: Angelina Jolie's most mature film as ...Hindustan Times
- Ange brings special man to premiere... and it's a big dealYahoo7 Be