But Tennessee didn’t have a lot of defensive help at the back of its secondary, and two defenders didn’t have the angle to deny Cleveland in the middle of the end zone.
But given that Florida could only hurt the Volunteers with a touchdown and the clock was expiring while the play was going on, that’s an odd coverage choice.
That the game was even close was a product of some late-game Tennessee heroics and late-game mismanagement on the part of the Gators.
Tennessee had a bunch of blown drives that could’ve been more, highlighted by a series that included multiple first-and-goals at the 1 and didn’t lead to a single point .
Florida fumbled away a touchdown inside the 2-yard line and blew a 10-point lead in all of five minutes, in the fourth quarter of a huge game, at home.
- Tennessee at Florida score, highlights: Gators walk off with Hail Mary TD for agesCBSSports.com
- Florida secures first win in most improbable of waysMiami Herald
- Quinn Nordin kicks No. 7 Michigan past Air ForceNBCSports.com
- What Jim McElwain said after Florida's momentous win over TennesseeSECcountry.com
- Tennessee football loses to Florida on Hail Mary, 26-20: 5 things we learnedKnoxville News Sentinel
- Tennessee football stock report: Florida bankrupts Vols on Hail Mary, 26-20SECcountry.com
- This Tennessee RB got a penalty for gator-chomping because the NCAA are copsSB Nation
- Rapid Reaction: Florida beats Tennessee on 63-yard TD on final playSaturday Down South
- Gators stun Tennessee on final-play TD passFlorida Times-Union