The Marlins have been in a nosedive since Aug. 27, the day the future hurricane formed as a tropical disturbance off the coast of Africa.
“We talked about this being a big game,” said manager Don Mattingly, referring to the significance of the outcome to the playoff-contending Brewers.
The Brewers walloped four home runs, including a Neil Walker grand slam, to send the Marlins to their sixth consecutive loss.
Reliever Brian Ellington gave up two of the homers — Walker’s and an Eric Thames solo shot — in the Brewers’ eight-run eighth inning.
He thought home plate umpire Ryan Additon signaled a double switch when the Brewers made a straight-up move.
- Brewers give Miller Park a Miami makeover to help Marlins feel at homeYahoo Sports
- John Lackey, Willson Contreras go nuts, get ejected following blown callNBCSports.com
- Brewers give Miller Park a South Florida makeover in Marlins' new home away ...Miami Herald (blog)
- The Brewers are making Miller Park feel like home for the Marlins this weekendSB Nation
- Brewers give Miller Park tropical makeover for 'away' series vs. MarlinsESPN
- Walker's slam helps "visiting" Brewers beat Marlins 10-2Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Marlins in Milwaukee: Road-weary Miami comes “home”WTOP
- Preview: Brewers vs. Marlins, Saturday, 7:10 pmSun Sentinel
- Stingl: Quest to see Brewers in every road stadium loses its Miami finale to ...Milwaukee Journal Sentinel