The Vols are fresh off a cake walk win over Indiana State, while the Gators had two weeks to recover from the loss to Michigan due to a cancelled game last weekend against Northern Colorado.
The Vols have a reliable running back in John Kelly (208 yards, four touchdowns), an upstart playmaker in Marquez Callaway (152 yards, three touchdowns) and a quarterback in Quinten Dormady who seemed to gain some confidence late in the double overtime win over Georgia Tech in the season opener.
Is two weeks enough time for coach Jim McElwain to develop a functional offensive line and a quarterback to firmly take hold of the position?
After talking up its progress all offseason, the gross misdiagnosis by the Florida staff is concerning and, more importantly, inhibits the development of an offense that has been stale for going on two years.
Tennessee will get to the quarterback, force mistakes by Feleipe Franks and Malik Zaire , and Kelly will ice the game away late against a worn out Gator defense that will become frustrated due to the lack of help its offense provides.
- The matchups that will decide Florida vs. Tennessee247Sports
- Hokies head to East Carolina without CB Adonis AlexanderNBCSports.com
- Tennessee-Florida: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online for Week 3 game ...SECcountry.com
- SEC Football by the Numbers: Top 10 for Week 3AL.com
- Tennessee vs. Florida 2017: Game time, TV schedule, odds, previewTeam Speed Kills
- Gators move past Hurricane Irma, focus on TennesseeGainesville Sun
- Tennessee senior safety Todd Kelly Jr., has potential season-ending knee injurySECcountry.com
- GoVols247: Tennessee safety sidelined by knee injuryWBIR-TV
- No. 23 Volunteers looking to stay perfect vs. No. 24 FloridaBluefield Daily Telegraph