It will be revenge for the moment Young dashed into the corner of the end zone from eight yards away with 17 seconds left for the winning touchdown, nearly stepping on my feet, USC players chasing him with eyes wide in complete confusion.
It will be revenge for the moments of pain afterward, Trojans safety Darnell Bing still sitting on the bench 15 minutes after the game, staring out at the confetti-streaked debacle.
Nearly three hours before LenDale White was stopped on the infamous play that could have clinched the game, the Trojans began losing with another awful decision during a similar short-yardage situation.
Midway through the first quarter, fourth down, one yard needed to continue a drive that could have turned a 7-0 lead into 14-0, the ball on the Texas 17-yard line, and the Trojans run … a quarterback sneak out of an empty backfield?
The lost timeout was typical of the confusion that engulfed the Trojans in those final minutes as they were crushed by the amazing Young and steamrolled into a sad chapter in their history.
- Texas at USC: Prediction, pick, line, odds, TV channel, live stream, watch onlineCBSSports.com
- A look back at Texas-USC in 2006Longview News-Journal
- Wolf: Could USC repeat its biggest backfield mistake?LA Daily News
- USC coach Clay Helton guarding against potential post-Stanford letdownOCRegister
- Texas prediction: Will the Longhorns shock the USC Trojans at the Coliseum?Dallas News
- Football Roundtable: Will the Cardinal defense be able to contain the Aztecs ...The Stanford Daily
- Rematch of Big 12′s last national title: Texas at No. 4 USCSalina Journal
- By the numbers: Stanford vs. USCThe Stanford Daily
- Capsule: No. 4 USC faces Texas in first meeting since 2006 Rose BowlCorsicana Daily Sun