In February, Ford, who is a pilot, was involved in a “potentially serious” landing incident at John Wayne Airport in Orange County when he mistakenly landed on a taxiway instead of a runway, putting him in close proximity to a passenger plane with 110 people inside.
“Officially, I admitted to two of the common mental processes that can lead a pilot to making a mistake — distraction and fixation.”
Ford said he was distracted during the incident because he had just visited his 101-year-old aunt in hospice care.
Prior to his most recent plane trouble, Ford crashed his aircraft in a golf course, due to a faulty carburetor, shortly after taking off from Santa Monica Airport in 2015, suffering injuries to his head, pelvis, and vertebrae.
“You know, with Carrie’s untimely passing, I don’t really feel that it’s a subject that I want to discuss,” Ford added.
- Carrie Fisher's Annotated 'Empire Strikes Back' Script Up for AuctionVoice of America
- Carrie Fisher's personal Star Wars scripts going up for auctionSYFY WIRE (blog)
- Carrie Fisher's Personal STAR WARS Scripts Are Up for AuctionNerdist
- Harrison Ford Breaks Silence Over Carrie Fisher's Memoir, 'Star Wars' AffairRollingStone.com
- Harrison Ford would 'rather not' play Han Solo ever again: 'It's more ...Metro
- What Really Happened When Harrison Ford Gave George Lucas Crap On SetCinema Blend
- How Star Wars Fans Can Own Carrie Fisher's Original Scripts, Signed By George ...Cinema Blend
- Harrison Ford breaks silence on Carrie FisherCNN
- Harrison Ford breaks his silence on Carrie Fisher affairChannel 24