Penn State is coming off a 33-14 win against its longtime rival Pitt, and the Nittany Lions (2-0) have no plans of slowing down as top five team in the country looking to stay in contention for competing for a national championship.
Despite getting the win, Penn State coach James Franklin was not satisfied with the overall performance of his team as the Nittany Lions struggled offensively to get into a rhythm, mainly due to pressure of Pittsburgh’s defense.
Here’s the bottom line: If the Lobos cannot run and have to rely on passing the ball, look for the Broncos to secure an early season Mountain West Conference (MWC) victory as Boise State’s secondary has been solid.
As for Illinois, keep an eye on running back Mike Epstein and quarterback Chayce Crouch as the potential game changers that could land the Fighting Illini a victory.
Memphis will have its hands full slowing down UCLA’s offensive threat, as well as UCLA limiting the impact of Tigers quarterback Riley Ferguson and running back duo of Darrell Henderson and Patrick Taylor Jr.
- Live: Boise State 14, New Mexico 7 (second quarter); QB Rypien outIdaho Statesman
- Lobos return to the blue turf of Boise StateAlbuquerque Journal
- New Mexico vs. Boise State Odds: Point Spread, Total & PredictionHeavy.com
- Meet the 2017 Boise State Bronco girlKTVB
- Boise State football vs. New Mexico: Time, TV schedule, game preview, scoreWDIV Detroit
- Cash Money to be made on New Mexico vs. Boise StateFanSided
- College Football Thursday: Boise State Hosts New Mexico in a Mountain West ...Bruins Nation
- Your weekend football primer: Five games are different than the rest for Boise ...Bonner County Daily Bee
- WSU's win over the Broncos should be celebratedThe Daily Evergreen