At a show in Grand Rapids earlier this week, Rock fired back, telling the crowd he didn't need to be reminded that Black Lives Matter.
Yesterday, the singer released a statement that read in part: "My track record in Detroit and Michigan speaks for itself, and I would dare anyone talking trash to put theirs up against mine.
Among the protesters tonight were members of Black Lives Matter and Students for a Democratic Society, a 1960-era radical group that reformed a chapter at Wayne State University two years ago.
Buy PhotoCounterprotester Sam Lipari of South Warren stands amongst protesters of Kid Rock gathered at Grand Circus Park before his performance at the Little Caesars Arena in Detroit on Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2017.
- Kid Rock denies Detroit Free Press credentials for Little Caesars Arena concertDetroit Free Press
- Live updates from the Kid Rock protests at Little Caesars Arena in DetroitMLive.com
- Little Caesars Arena guide: Parking, dining, seating and more informationDetroit Free Press
- Kid Rock to open Detroit arena amid protest, Senate talkKIRO Seattle
- Kid Rock denies press credentials to Detroit paperThe Hill (blog)
- The Motor City Is Making A Bullshit Bet On SportsJalopnik
- 'Kid Rock For Senate' Merchandise For Sale At LCACBS Detroit
- Last minute preparations at Little Caesar's Arena UnderwayFox 2 Detroit
- 'We sent message,' crowd says of Kid Rock's LCA actThe Detroit News