Musician Sinead O’Connor claimed she is “one of millions” living with mental illness and dealing with suicidal thoughts in a video she posted on Facebook while at a motel in South Hackensack.
Dr. Phil McGraw opened his new season Tuesday with a wide-ranging interview with troubled troubadour Sinéad O'Connor, who discusses such topics as her abuse at the hands of her mother, how a hysterectomy made her come unglued and led her to attempt suicide (most recently in August of this year ), and her infamous 1992 appearance on Saturday Night Live .
She said that while she was in the hospital trying to stabilize her hormonal situation following surgical menopause, his father put the child into foster care and her family left him there for six months.
O'Connor pushed back at McGraw's theory that when she tore up a picture of Pope John Paul II on Saturday Night Live in 1992, she was rebelling against someone other than His Holiness.
"When we were children, my sister had the most glorious red hair," the singer recalled , "like that gorgeous woman on that show Mad Men (Christina Hendricks) ...
- Sinead O'Connor reveals years of physical and sexual abuse from her motherYahoo Entertainment
- Sinead O'Connor takes to US chat show to promote mental healthIrish Times
- Sinéad O'Connor Discusses Child Abuse And Mental Health On Dr. PhilStereogum
- Dr. Phil Bosses Paying for Sinead O'Connor's Medical TreatmentHollywood.com
- Sinead O'Connor on 'Dr. Phil': 'I'm Very Excited to Be Getting Some Proper Help'Variety
- Sinead O'Connor Sits Down To Talk Mental Illness With Dr. PhilThe Inquisitr
- Sinead O'Connor Claims Her Mom Sexually Abused Her, 'Ran a Torture Chamber'Us Weekly
- Irish singer Sinead O'Connor says mother delighted in torturing herStuff.co.nz
- Sinead O'Connor Confesses Her Mom Beat & Stomped On Her Naked Body At Ages 3 ...Hollywood Life