Neymar led Paris Saint-Germain to an emphatic 5-0 win at Celtic in the Champions League on Tuesday as the French side's formidable attacking lineup tore the hosts' defense to shreds.
The Group B match at Celtic Park was one-sided and PSG led 3-0 at halftime with goals from Neymar, France forward Kylian Mbappe and Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani.
PSG's attacking trident has been nicknamed the "MCN" by French media, a reference to the former "MSN" Barcelona trio of Lionel Messi, Luiz Suarez and Neymar.
Cavani had a goal canceled for an offside position and PSG had a clear chance to move ahead soon after when the Uruguay forward forced 'keeper Craig Gordon into a good save with a half-volley from 20 meters.
Celtic's answer came from Leigh Griffiths' free kick which was finger-tipped over the bar by PSG goalkeeper Alphonse Areola, but it was a rare moment of attack for the hosts, who went down 2-0 when Mbappe slotted home from Neymar's assist.
- Rodgers: Celtic played like under-12 side at times in defeat to PSGEurosport.com
- Celtic 0-5 PSG: Champions League – as it happenedThe Guardian
- Well-oiled PSG machine tear Celtic to shreds in openerIrish Times
- Talking points from Celtic's Champions League defeat to PSGSTV News
- Neymar leads PSG's rout of CelticSuperSport
- 'I'm fearful for them' - Celtic legend concerned fans may be banned from next ...Independent.ie
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic players 'played like Under 12s' as PSG ran amok in ...Scottish Daily Record
- Celtic 0 Paris-Saint Germain 5; Brendan Rodgers' side struggle against class ...Evening Times
- Celtic Park pitch invader confronts Paris Saint-Germain's Kylian MbappeSkySports