The Padres will begin their 2018 regular season Thursday, March 29, against the Brewers, who will visit Petco Park for three games before a rare off-day on Easter Sunday.
Next year’s opening day, the earliest in major league history, is due to the most recent collective bargaining agreement, which provides teams with three to four additional off-days throughout the season.
The Padres will play their interleague games against American League West teams, with the Athletics (June 19-20), Angels (Aug. 13-15), Mariners (Aug. 28-29) and Rangers (Sept. 14-16) scheduled to visit San Diego.
The schedule released Tuesday did not include a proposed Mexico City series between the Padres and the Dodgers.
One possible holdup: According to Mexican reports, the construction of the Mexico City Red Devils ’ new ballpark has encountered delays and may not be ready by the start of next season.
- Padres to open 2018 season with Brewers, Rockiesfox5sandiego.com
- Cincinnati Reds to open 2018 MLB season against Washington NationalsCincinnati.com
- Your first look at the 2018 Milwaukee Brewers scheduleBrew Crew Ball
- Padres release 2018 scheduleFOXSports.com
- Royals release 2018 scheduleKMBC Kansas City
- NL Central Division: Which team will wear the crown?RealSport101
- Brewers announce 2018 schedule, with home opener April 2 vs. CardinalsOnMilwaukee.com
- 2018 regular-season schedule revealed: Brewers open against the Padres, Cardinalsfox6now.com
- Milwaukee Brewers to open 2018 season at San DiegoSacramento Bee