She plays Lieutenant Connix in scenes that allowed her to act opposite her mother, who passed away last December.
Her lack of experience, and perhaps the fact that she isn't exactly the spitting image of her mom may have led to J.J. and his crew ultimately deciding on Daisy Ridley for the role of Rey, whose parentage remains a mystery heading into this Holiday season's sequel.
Since that time, she has appeared on the Fox series Scream Queens and will be a featured player in the new season of American Horror Story .
Billie Lourd believes fate was on her side, and she's happy that she didn't have to carry the weight of the movie on her own shoulders.
Billie Lourd will return on the big screen in Star Wars: The Last Jedi this Christmas.
- Billie Lourd's 'Star Wars' Role Was Almost Way Different, But It Actually ...Bustle
- North Hollywood dance studio that belonged to Debbie Reynolds up for auctionCurbed LA
- Billie Lourd opened up about losing "goddesses" Carrie Fisher and Debbie ReynoldsHelloGiggles
- Billie Lourd: Life without Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher is 'surreal'Page Six
- Billie Lourd says life without her mom, grandmother is 'completely surreal'Today.com
- Billie Lourd auditioned for Rey in 'Star Wars'CNN
- Billie Lourd reveals 'struggle' since Carrie Fisher's deathYahoo7 Be
- Billie Lourd Opens Up About Life After Losing Her Mom And Grandma And ...moviepilot.com
- Wait, Billie Lourd Could Have Maybe Played A Different Character In The Force ...Cinema Blend