On the sixth play of the short drive, Philip Rivers found Keenan Allen for a 5-yard touchdown to cut the Broncos' lead to 10 points with 8:15 remaining.
Broncos linebacker Todd Davis blasted Melvin Gordon in the backfield for a 2-yard loss on a fourth-and-1 attempt from midfield as the Chargers tried to climb back into the game.
Anderson touchdown was called back due to an illegal shift penalty, the Broncos found paydirt in the form of a 6-yard Trevor Siemian pass to Bennie Fowler, the pair's second TD connection of the game.
Trevor Siemian showed off his wheels — and apparently some sweet moves, as Joey Bosa found out — on a 1-yard touchdown scamper to cap a nine-play, 56-yard drive and give the Broncos the lead in the late stages of the second quarter.
- Broncos Block Late FG, Top Chargers 24-21 in Joseph's DebutU.S. News & World Report
- Vance Joseph endures tense ending to win Broncos debutNew York Daily News
- Monday Night Football score, highlights, stats: Siemian leads Broncos over ...CBSSports.com
- Trevor Siemian wants to finish stronger, but “a win's a win”NBCSports.com
- Broncos' game-winning field-goal block was by design, not just luckYahoo Sports
- LA's Chargers* looked flat, sloppy before rallyThe San Diego Union-Tribune
- Chargers' wild rally comes up short when late FG is deflectedLos Angeles Times
- Chargers OL has its ups and downs vs. BroncosThe San Diego Union-Tribune
- Broncos hold off Chargers' rally by a fingertip in openerNFL.com