— Handout via AFPROME, Sept 12 — When all the conditions are just right, such as the date, the occasion, the venue and the guest list, a car auction can deliver some pretty staggering results for those benefitting from the proceeds.
And that certainly seems to be what happened over the weekend as a special final version of the Laferrari Aperta sold for a simply staggering €8.3 million (RM41.7 million) at an event in Italy marking the 70th anniversary of Ferrari, setting a new record for a 21st century car sold at auction.
This incredible RM Sotheby’s auction took place during the Ferrari’s 70th Anniversary event at the legendary Fiorano circuit in Italy, where the record-breaking Laferrari Aperta was only one of the sensational cars that went under the hammer.
The previous record was US$7 million for a LaFerrari model sold to raise funds for earthquake victims in Central Italy last year.
The special LaFerrari sold this weekend boasts a metallic Rosso Fuoco livery with a double metallic Bianco Italia racing stripe on its hood and tail, but there were plenty of other Ferrari models sold at the event that were perhaps even more desirable for many enthusiasts.
- The Final Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta Sold at Auction for $10 MillionThe Drive
- Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta is the world's most expensive new car EVER as it ...The Sun
- $10 million Ferrari sets auction record for new carFox News
- LaFerrari Aperta fetches record $12.4m at auctionGears Of Biz
- Final Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta sells for $10 millionAutoblog (blog)
- Special LaFerrari Aperta raises R129m for charityIndependent Online
- Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta built for charity fetches $10MGears Of Biz
- Unique LaFerrari Aperta Breaks Records At RM Sotheby's Maranello AuctionAntiques and the Arts Online
- Someone paid $2.25M for a Ferrari LaFerrari prototype that can't be driven legallyMotor Authority