DENVER (AP) — Vance Joseph watched his team go from cruising along to a nearly colossal collapse over a nightmarish fourth quarter.
Joseph and the Broncos walked away a 24-21 winner over the Los Angeles Chargers on Monday night when Shelby Harris sliced through and blocked kicker Younghoe Koo's 44-yard field goal attempt with a second left.
But the Broncos didn't do themselves any favors with drives down the stretch ending like this: Interception (bounced off a defender's foot), fumble (Jamaal Charles), missed field goal (Brandon McManus, who just signed a new deal) and a punt.
Fowler was put on notice when the Broncos drafted wide receivers Carlos Henderson and Isaiah McKenzie, but he earned the job as Denver's No.
REPEAT PERFORMANCE: This game was reminiscent of last season's opener, when the Broncos beat Carolina as Graham Gano missed a 50-yard field goal with 4 seconds left.
- Broncos' game-winning field-goal block was by design, not just luckYahoo Sports
- Broncos vs. Chargers: Score, results, highlights from Monday night game in DenverSporting News
- Anthony Lynn, Vance Joseph built to keep Chargers-Broncos rivalry at its bestSporting News
- Siemian, Broncos survive late scare, defeat Chargers, 24-219NEWS.com
- Trevor Siemian wants to finish stronger, but “a win's a win”NBCSports.com
- Broncos Block Late FG, Top Chargers 24-21 in Joseph's DebutU.S. News & World Report
- Who Won the Chargers-Broncos Monday Night Football Game?Yahoo Sports
- Monday Night Football score, highlights, stats: Siemian leads Broncos over ...CBSSports.com
- Broncos block Chargers' game-tying FG to give coach Vance Joseph first winSporting News