Director Darren Aronofsky is known for creating disturbing films that leave viewers shaken, like Black Swan and Requiem for a Dream , but it's his newest movie that really has people talking.
stars Jennifer Lawrence as a woman driven to madness by mysterious visitors to the home she shares with her husband (Javier Bardem)... at least that's what fans are led to believe it's about.
While the movie's marketing has been a bit dodgy when it comes to the actual plot, it hasn't minced words when it comes to the film's supposed impact .
The theatrical trailer currently running with It — a legit horror film — attempts to sell the movie as a terrifying, life-altering, one-of-a-kind cinematic experience.
And while that's not the case, the two movies do seem to have similar themes of a doting married woman being driven to madness by her struggling creative husband and his conspiring outsiders, with the added threat of a possible supernatural element.
- What Is 'Mother!' Actually About? Jennifer Lawrence's New Movie Is Supposed To ...Bustle
- Jennifer Lawrence's 'Mother!' Leads Social Media Conversation After Polarizing ...Variety
- EXCLUSIVE: Jennifer Lawrence Reveals What Makes Boyfriend Darren Aronofsky ...Entertainment Tonight
- Jennifer Lawrence wows in a black corset at the Toronto Film FestivalAOL
- Five things to know about the 'pretty crazy' Jennifer Lawrence thriller 'mother!'USA TODAY
- Jennifer Lawrence Says Boyfriend Darren Aronofsky Is 'Brilliant'Us Weekly
- New trailer for Darren Aronofsky's mother! Airs Out Hidden Pregnancy FearsGears Of Biz
- Jennifer Lawrence Thinks Darren Aronofsky Has Severe Psychological ProblemsCinema Blend
- Jennifer Lawrence told boyfriend he had 'psychological problems' after reading ...ABC News