Two days after waiving Kyle Peko, the Broncos promoted undrafted rookie Tyrique Jarrett from the practice squad, according to a league source, bolstering the team’s thin defensive line for their season opener against the Chargers on Monday night.
Jarrett was signed as a college free agent out of Pittsburgh following the draft and quickly turned heads with his size (6-foot-3, 335 pounds) and raw ability.
“Todd (Davis) and I call him ‘Pot Roast Jr,'” inside linebacker Brandon Marshall said in June.
On Saturday the Broncos waived Peko and announced starting defensive Jared Crick (back) and backup Zach Kerr (knee) would be ruled out of Monday’s opener.
In Crick’s and Kerr’s absence, second-year player Adam Gotsis will start opposite Derek Wolfe , and Domata Peko will anchor the line at nose tackle.
- Broncos promote defensive tackle Tyrique Jarrett9NEWS.com
- Broncos Sign Jarrett, Waive Peko Hours Before GameCBS Local
- Denver Broncos sign practice squad DT Tyrique Jarrett to active rosterAll 22
- Report: Broncos promote NT Tyrique Jarrett to active roster247Sports
- Broncos promote Tyrique Jarrett from practice squad, waive Kyle PekoBroncos Wire
- Report | Broncos to promote Tyrique JarrettFanRag Sports (blog)
- Broncos activate massive nose tackle from practice squadBSN Denver
- Broncos sign NT Tyrique Jarrett to active rosterDenverBroncos.com (blog)
- Broncos bolster ailing D-line with promotion of JarrettNational Post