Beth Mowins made history on Monday as she became the first woman in 30 years to call an NFL game.
Joined by Rex Ryan, the 50-year-old was in the booth handling play-by-play duties for the Chargers-Broncos matchup, in the second game of ESPN's "Monday Night Football" doubleheader.
She has also been calling preseason games for the Oakland Raiders since 2015.
Mowins will return to action when she calls the Browns and Colts game for CBS on Sept. 24.
Several female sports broadcasters shared their support for Mowins:
- Beth Mowins is ready, prepared to call National Football League games this seasonAppsforPCdaily
- Meet the first woman to call NFL game in 30 yearsKSAT San Antonio
- Beth Mowins: From Backyard Quarterback to MNF's 1st Woman in the BoothBleacher Report
- Who is Beth Mowins, ESPN's play-by-play announcer for 'Monday Night Football'?SB Nation
- Announcer Will Make History At Monday Night's Football GameCBS Local
- ESPN's Beth Mowins set to continue a story that started 30 years agoYahoo Sports
- History Is Made As Beth Mowins Calls Broncos GameCBS Local
- What game is Rex Ryan calling for ESPN?Hi-tech Beacon
- Secret Teams Up With the NFL to Champion Feminine Strength and Spotlight the ...Business Wire (press release)