That seemed to be the message fans had for Rex Ryan after the former Jets, Bills coach made his Nfl Broadcasting Debut Monday night, serving as the color commentator for the Broncos vs. Chargers game.
While fans were impressed with Beth Mowins, the first woman in history to handle play-by-play duties, they heavily criticized Ryan for his lack of insight and low-energy demeanor in the second game of Monday Night Football's doubleheader.
"Even Jeb Bush thinks Rex Ryan is surprisingly low energy as a color commentator," @erichustedt wrote.
"Congratulations to Rex Ryan, he's just established himself definitively as the NFL's worst color man.
Ryan's debut was a far cry from his CBS counterpart Tony Romo, who received rave reviews after calling his first game with Jim Nantz on Sunday.
- Meet the first woman to call NFL game in 30 yearsKSAT San Antonio
- Beth Mowins becomes the first woman to call an NFL game in 30 yearsSporting News
- ESPN's Beth Mowins set to continue a story that started 30 years agoYahoo Sports
- Beth Mowins Set To Go Where No Woman Has Gone Before In The NFLHuffPost
- Meet the First Woman to Ever Call Play-By-Play for an NFL Monday Night ...Shape Magazine
- Who is Beth Mowins, ESPN's play-by-play announcer for 'Monday Night Football'?SB Nation
- Announcer Will Make History At Monday Night's Football GameCBS Local
- Beth Mowins is ready, prepared to call National Football League games this seasonAppsforPCdaily
- Secret Teams Up With the NFL to Champion Feminine Strength and Spotlight the ...Digital Journal