On the eve of the Frankfurt Motor showMercedes-AMG has fed its instagram followers another teasing image of the Project One, an extreme hybrid Hypercar complete with a drivetrain not just inspired by Forumla One, but directly derived from it.
The previous teaser of the frontal area, a shadowy image released by Mercedes showed a narrow cockpit and wide front arches, punctuated with tri-LED headlights.
So, for its hotly anticipated hybrid hypercar, due to launch in 2019, Mercedes AMG wants it to be clear that its 275-off, 2.3m Euro, 1000bhp+ Project One isn’t inspired by F1, doesn’t lift specific ideas from F1 and shouldn’t be referred to as ‘F1 transfer’.
As with the current Mercedes F1 car, the rear wheels are driven by a turbocharged 1.6-litre petrol V6 with direct injection and, for the sake of longevity, an 11,000rpm red line - dialled down from the 13,500rpm Lewis has to play with but still vaguely nuts compared with anything even the driver of the most hyperactive hypercar is used to.
Alongside the launch of the GT Concept , evo quizzed Mercedes-AMG CEO Tobias Moers on the other car we're awaiting with bated breath – the Project One hypercar.
- Mercedes-AMG Project ONE hypercar: 217mph+ top speed and teaser picsAutoExpress
- 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: Mercedes-Benz teases Project One one last timeWheels Magazine
- 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: Mercedes-AMG Project One rear design revealed!Overdrive
- Frankfurt 2017: Mercedes-AMG Project ONE Hypercar Teased Ahead Of PremiereCarlist.my Automotive News (press release)
- Mercedes just teased us with a new picture of its Project One hypercarCity A.M.
- Mercedes-AMG Project One – rear and interior teasedPaul Tan's Automotive News
- Mercedes-AMG Project One Hypercar: Speed, Engine, TeaserPhone Mantra
- Mercedes-AMG Project One hypercar almost ready for Frankfurt debutGears Of Biz
- Mercedes-AMG Project ONE teased againGears Of Biz