Its North America sales scraped a two per cent rise in August, but in China sales of Jaguars almost doubled, up 94 percent, boosted by demand for its big XF executive saloons, particularly the long wheelbase XFL made particularly for the chauffer-driven Chinese market.
Thanks to China, the West Midlands-based luxury car maker saw overall global sales rise 4.3 per cen to 36,926.
But it managed to sell 1,400 of its new Range Rover Velars and there was strong demand for the Discovery Sport and the Jaguar F-Pace.
Andy Goss, JLR group sales operations director, said: “A promising performance in North America has led to another month of global growth for Jaguar Land Rover, driven by continuing strong sales of the Jaguar F-Pace and the new Range Rover Velar.”
“China sales were also buoyant in August, thanks to the long wheel base Jaguar XFL and the Jaguar F-PACE, as well as strong sales of the Discovery Sport and Evoque.”
- Jaguar Land Rover to electrify all cars by 2020The Peninsula Qatar
- All New Jaguars And Land Rovers Will Be Hybrid Or Electric After 2020DeathRattleSports.com
- Electric-powered Jaguar E-Type unveiledGulf Digital News
- Jaguar E-Type gets new spark of lifeThe National
- Global shockwaves from electric cars will be here sooner rather than laterThe Guardian
- The Electric Jaguar E-Type Zero Is The World's Most Beautiful Car Reworked For ...DeathRattleSports.com
- Jaguar Unveils A Smart Steering Wheel Powered By AIGears Of Biz
- Jaguar Reveals All-Electric Jaguar E-Type ZeroMotoringuru (press release) (blog)
- Jaguar Land Rover plans electric carsArkansas Online