Weapons abound for the veteran Chargers quarterback, starting with a healthy wideout Keenan Allen, who has been dominant during the preseason after missing all of last year with a knee injury.
Add in a healthy Travis Benjamin and the reliable Dontrelle Inman, who is questionable Monday, and the Chargers have the talent required to match up with Denver’s terrific secondary, which is led by cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Chris Harris Jr.
Antonio Gates, a touchdown away from the record for most scored by tight end in NFL history, and Hunter Henry will be mismatches for the Broncos linebackers.
Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders will be a big test for Chargers corners Jason Verrett and Casey Hayward after injuries limited both in the preseason.
The high altitude in Denver could force the Chargers to rotate on defense more frequently, putting young players such as Nigel Harris and Desmond King in difficult situations.
- Ex-Bolts boss & new pupil aim to beat LAThe San Diego Union-Tribune
- NFL picks: Predictions for Chargers vs. Broncos | Monday Night Football (9/11/17)NJ.com
- Chargers-Broncos season opener is historic in many waysThe Coloradoan
- Mike McCoy always had to adapt as the Broncos' offensive coordinator. This ...The Denver Post
- NFL on TV today: What time, channel is Los Angeles Chargers vs. Denver Broncos ...NJ.com
- David Ramsey: Denver Broncos itching to trample Chargers, and skepticsColorado Springs Gazette
- Jamaal Charles will show Broncos Country what he has left in the tankThe Denver Post
- Week-by-week look at the Denver Broncos 2017 scheduleThe Denver Post
- Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos Week 1: Game time, TV schedule, online ...Mile High Report (blog)