By the end of 2019, all UberX cars in the city will be 100 percent hybrid or fully electric as part of the ride-hailing company's new Clean Air Plan.
As for Uber, the company plans to help its U.K. drivers make the switch by giving them up to $6,600 toward the cost of upgrading.
But to help raise that money, the cost of rides in London will go up a few cents.
Ultimately, Uber wants every car using the app in London to be electric by 2025.
The company says over the next few weeks it'll install charging stations in central London for its drivers.
- Uber To Introduce Fares Surcharge To Help Pay For Cleaner VehiclesHuffPost UK
- Uber to stop using diesel cars in London by end 2019The Express Tribune
- Uber to ban diesels, require electrified vehicles in London by 2025AppsforPCdaily
- Uber Is Making Its Entire London UberX Fleet Hybrid or Electric by 2019Fortune
- Uber to ditch diesel in London by 2019, go full EV by 2025Gears Of Biz
- Uber prices to go up as part of new clean air planMetro
- Uber takes steps against diesel cars in LondonHi-tech Beacon
- Uber pledges to make all UberX cars in London electric or hybrid by 2019VentureBeat
- Uber wants all of its London drivers using EVs by 2025Engadget