The Seahawks lost a key part of their defense in the first quarter of Sunday’s loss to the Packers when cornerback Jeremy Lane was ejected from the game.
Officials said Lane threw a punch at Packers wide receiver Davante Adams while the two men were tangled up during an interception return by defensive tackle Nazair Jones .
Replays showed Adams with a healthy grab of Lane’s facemask but no clear evidence of a punch, which left questions for Seahawks coach Pete Carroll about more than his team’s poor offensive performance when he met the media.
… It’s just such a drastic thing to do that I wish they would have had cooperation from more than one official because it’s such a big call,” Carroll said in his postgame press conference.
Carroll said he saw “three guys jumping” on Graham, but that officials told him the ball was “clearly overthrown.” Carroll said he thought it hit the white paint at the back of the end zone, but the team settled for a field goal on a day that would end without a touchdown in a 17-9 loss.
- Seahawks' costly lapse against Aaron Rodgers gives Packers another familiar winUSA TODAY
- Seahawks offense comes up empty in 17-9 loss to PackersYakima Herald-Republic
- The Latest: Giants' Manning makes 200th straight startMiami Herald
- Thomas Rawls Among Inactives For Seahawks at PackersSeahawks.com
- Packers: 3 keys to Green Bay's season opener against Seattle SeahawksWiscNews
- Packers beat Seahawks in NFC heavyweight matchKOIN.com
- Defense helps Packers beat SeahawksKTVZ
- Packers stuff Seahawks in low-scoring affairNFL.com
- Rapid Reaction To The Seahawks' 17-9 Season-Opening Loss at Green Bay PackersSeahawks.com