If one or all of the theme parks are destroyed by the storm, the state could face a serious hit to its tourism, which is Florida’s largest industry.
Although the storm has not yet made it to the Orlando area, the predicted severity of the Hurricane prompted the park to shut down.
If any of the resorts or rides suffer physical damage from the hurricane, investors’ outlook on the company may be disrupted, BTIG analyst Rich Greenfield told WGN-TV .
Thankfully for individuals worried about taking a loss on previously purchased Disney tickets, the park offers refunds and reschedules for those with vacation plans impacted by Hurricane Irma.
Additionally, for questions about rescheduling or canceling a trip, the company advises guests to call (407) 939-7818 or chat with a representative online .
- Hurricane Irma Spurs Price Gouging Accusations at Happiest Place on Earth DisneyTheStreet.com
- Irma forces Disney World to closeCNNMoney
- Halifax family stuck at Disney World as Hurricane Irma makes landfallCTV News
- Hurricane Irma: Some tourists search for fun in OrlandoOrlando Sentinel
- Kristen Bell Saves 'Frozen' Co-Star Josh Gad's Family From Hurricane IrmaNBC 6 South Florida
- Hurricane Irma: WATCH LIVE: Orlando braces itself for Irma – LIVE WEBCAMExpress.co.uk
- Kristen Bell Braces For Irma in Orlando: "Trying to Stay Positive but Cautious"POPSUGAR Australia
- First Time in History: Disney World Will Close For 2 Straight Days Because of ...POPSUGAR Australia
- Hurricane Irma drives locals to Orlando hotelsOrlando Sentinel