With a Florida State team missing its quarterback, Clemson is the rightful favorite to win the ACC and get back to the College Football Playoff for the third-straight season.
With WKU pinned deep in its own territory, Julian Jones picked off Mike White and returned it 10 yards for a touchdown, giving Illinois a 13-0 lead at halftime.
Pettis, who also brought a punt back for a score in Week 1, is one away from the NCAA record, held by Wes Welker (Texas Tech) and Antonio Perkins (Oklahoma).
Baylor coach Matt Rhule walks off the field following the team’s 17-10 loss to UTSA in an NCAA College Football game, Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017, in Waco, Texas.
Kansas lost 45-27 at home to Central Michigan, a week after the Chippewas needed multiple overtimes to beat FCS foe Rhode Island.
- College football winners and losers, Week 2: Mayfield shines, Clemson dominatesCBSSports.com
- Tomorrow's Top 25 Today: Oklahoma jumps into the top three after Ohio State upsetCBSSports.com
- College football rankings: AP Poll Top 25 projections after Week 2Landof10.com
- College Football Rankings 2017: Bleacher Report's Week 3 Top 25Bleacher Report
- College Football Playoff Rankings 2017: Projected top four after Week 2FanSided
- Outkick's Top Ten For Week 2 2017Outkick the Coverage
- College Football Playoff picks after Week 2ESPN
- College football schedule, Week 2: Times, TV channels, what to watch, viewing ...CBSSports.com
- AP Top 25 Takeaways: Clemson, OU, USC assert themselvesMinneapolis Star Tribune