That’s when the Giants’ list of inactive players is due to be delivered to the league and communicated to the Cowboys.
Given that the Cowboys are obsessed with keeping him from altering the game on his own, it would make plenty of sense to simply have him on the field, opening up the rest of the offense until the Cowboys conclude that Beckham won’t be doing what he usually does.
The ruse could go next level if the Giants opt for a rope-a-dope approach, making the Cowboys think he’s a decoy before unleashing him once the coverage slides away from him.
Hovering over the situation is the fact that the Giants have not yet given Beckham the long-term contract he clearly craves.
However, there has been no indication that the Giants have used Beckham’s ACL near-miss from 20 days ago as the opening to drop on the table a life-changing deal that still falls far short of his stated aspiration to be the highest-paid player in the game.
- Second season could swing production for Prescott, ElliottFort Worth Star Telegram
- Odell Beckham reportedly a game-time decision, 'real doubt' he will playCBSSports.com
- Will Giants' Odell Beckham play vs. Cowboys? Here's why he shouldn'tNJ.com
- Fantasy Football: New York Giants' Odell Beckham Jr. in 'real doubt' to play ...UPI.com
- Janoris and Dez meet againNBCSports.com
- Odell Beckham Jr. injury update: Giants WR questionable vs. Cowboys [Updated]Yahoo Sports
- The Giants-Cowboys 'drama' is hereNew York Post
- Beckham a game-time decision; Cam Newton to playNFL.com
- Sullivan: How Eli Manning went from near bust to NFL championAsbury Park Press