Bears guard Kyle Long, who had surgery late last year to repair an injured ankle, did not make it back for the season after all.
Long, who returned to practice this week only to be limited, was one of seven inactive players announced for the season opener Sunday against the Falcons.
Other Bears inactives include: quarterback Mark Sanchez; waiver claims Taquan Mizzell and Tre McBride, and nose tackle John Jenkins.
Outside linebacker Pernell McPhee, who was also ruled questionable, will play after coming off the physically unable to perform list eight days ago.
Bears guard Kyle Long had ankle surgery last year.
- Five Chicago Bears to use for Fantasy Football Week OneBearGoggles
- Bears' Kyle Long, Markus Wheaton, Prince Amukamara Inactive For OpenerCBS Chicago
- Report | Markus Wheaton likely out against FalconsFanRag Sports (blog)
- Chicago Bears running game is key to Week One successBearGoggles
- Atlanta Falcons vs Bears: Game time, channel info, online streamBlogging Dirty (blog)
- Falcons vs. Bears: Five Key Players to WatchNBC Chicago
- Live score updates: Atlanta Falcons vs. Chicago Bears in NFL Week 1WDIV Detroit
- Falcons at Bears: Highlights, score and recapFanSided
- Steve Smith: Falcons to deal with Super Bowl hangoverNFL.com