It makes a killing: Stephen King Film Earns Monstrous $51 million
Based on Stephen King’s horror classic, the film is surpassing expectations with $51 million earnings from Friday night domestic screenings.
It is now expected to surpass $100 million in the U.S. by the end of the opening weekend.
It will mark the largest domestic opening since Spider-Man: Homecoming in July.
New Line Cinemas is already at work developing the sequel with screenwriter Gary Dauberman returning, but these numbers reaffirm that the film is a box office monster.
- Weekend Box Office: 'It' Scares Up Record $51M Friday for $100M-Plus BowHollywood Reporter
- It Devoured Deadpool's Opening Day Record for an R-Rated MovieVanity Fair
- Carr's Cinema Critiques: 'IT'Florida Flambeau
- Crazed Clown Cashes In & Wakes Up Box Office As Stephen King's 'It' Breaks ...Deadline
- IT movie reviews round-up: 'Pennywise not scary' trending online – Critics are ...Express.co.uk
- Box Office: 'It' Floats To Record-Crushing $51M FridayForbes
- Encore: How The Muschietti Siblings Turned Stephen King's Killer Clown Into ...Deadline
- Stephen King's "It" opens with record-crushingXinhua
- Stephen King talks 'It' and other adaptationsShanghai Daily (subscription)