Stephens, who has jumped more than 900 positions in the world rankings in a month, reached her first major final on Thursday, defeating No.
9 Venus Williams 6-1, 0-6, 7-5 at the US Open at Arthur Ashe Stadium in Flushing, New York.
This year marked the first time four American women reached the semifinals at the US Open since 1981, when Tracy Austin, Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova and Barbara Potter did it.
The last time it happened in a major was at Wimbledon in 1985 (Evert, Zina Garrison, Navratilova and Kathy Rinaldi).
- US Open: Brilliant Keys crushes VandewegheYahoo Sports
- Tennis - Keys and Stephens to put friendship to grand slam testReuters
- Editorial: Thumbs up, thumbs downQuad City Times
- Sloane steady, can she win the title?The New Paper
- Madison Keys reaches US Open finalOurQuadCities
- US Open 2017: Madison Keys' road to finalThe Indian Express
- The Latest: Keys Routs Vandeweghe, Reaches US Open FinalU.S. News & World Report
- FACTBOX-Tennis-Madison Keys v Sloane Stephens - player profilesEconomic Times
- No. 1 rank a lifelong dream for Spain's MuguruzaShanghai Daily (subscription)