Alexis Sanchez arrived back in London on Wednesday a week after he was denied his dream move to Manchester City on transfer deadline day.
"You take a Sanchez into the final year of his contract, you sacrifice £60-£70 million income and at the end of the season you will have to buy somebody for that amount of money," Wenger told beIN Sports .
Alexis drew criticism for his negative Body Language at times and some have suggested that his frustrations could boil over and affect team morale in a crucial domestic campaign for Arsenal.
However, Gunners legend Ray Parlour remains convinced that the forward will give the team everything due to the player’s unrelenting work ethic and passion for the game.
For every optimist there is a cynic and many feel that even if Alexis replicates his scintillating goalscoring form of last season, he risks causing damage to team morale with his negative displays of body language and screaming at team-mates when things go wrong.
- Arsenal 3-0 BournemouthDaily Mail
- Arsenal 3-0 Bournemouth, Everton 0-3 Tottenham and more: clockwatch – live!The Guardian
- Claudio Bravo reveals Alexis Sanchez was bitter about the collapse of his Man ...Manchester Evening News
- January transfer window under threat as old world order look to redress the ...Telegraph.co.uk
- Arsenal transfer news: Thomas Lemar 'agrees £250000-a-week five-year Gunners ...The Sun
- Most players 'would snap your hand off' for Arsenal's £300k contract offer to ...Evening Standard
- Arsenal vs Bournemouth live: Arsene Wenger will desperately want to get the ...The Sun
- Man City were on brink of signing Alexis, claims BravoGoal.com