South Alabama quarterback Cole Garvin was carted off the field with an ankle injury in the first quarter vs. Oklahoma State on Friday night at Ladd-Peebles Stadium.
He went into USA's sideline medical tent and later emerged with no shoe on his right foot, riding to the locker room in the front seat of a motorized cart.
No update on Garvin's status for the remainder of the game was immediately available, though a South Alabama spokesman said he was being evaluated by team medical personnel.
Garvin, who started three games for the Jaguars last season, beat out Davis in fall camp.
Garvin later returned to the sideline, but was subsequently ruled out for the remainder of the game.
- Oklahoma State vs. South Alabama live updates: Score, stats, analysis for Week ...DieHards
- Who is Mason Rudolph? 5 things to know about the Oklahoma State QBDieHards
- Mason Rudolph becomes Oklahoma State's career passing leaderDieHards
- Oklahoma State vs. South Alabama football: Time, TV schedule, game preview, scoreWDIV Detroit
- Oklahoma State wearing sharp uniform combo for South Alabama gameDieHards
- Mike Gundy announces Oklahoma State captains against South AlabamaDieHards
- Cowboys Take 20-0 Lead To Halfkfor.com
- South Alabama QB Garvin hurt against No. 11 Oklahoma StateWTOP
- OSU football: Oklahoma State breaks out marshal badge helmet for South Alabama ...Tulsa World