Updated: September 8, 2017, 9:28 AM IST Spotify, Hulu Target Students With Discounted Bundle (Image: Reuters) U.S. college students can buy Spotify Premium music streaming and Hulu TV streaming for a combined, deeply discounted $4.99 per month, in a new student subscription bundle the companies announced on Thursday to lure younger consumers.
The entertainment bundle, $13 cheaper than the regular combined price, is the latest effort in the industry to gain young millennial customers, who favor inexpensive online streaming and listening.The package is Spotify's first TV and movie partnership, and combines with Hulu's limited commercials plan.
Hulu's shows include original content like the hit drama "The Handmaid's Tale," and exclusives such as "Seinfeld" and "Fear the Walking Dead."
Mark Mulligan, managing director of MIDiA Research, a media and technology research company, said in a blog post Thursday the partnership gives Spotify "a smart way to get into the video market without getting in over its head."
Watch Video: Vivo V7 Plus Review: Made For Selfie Lovers, Not For Power Users
- Spotify, Hulu team up for low-priced $4.99 student planUSA TODAY
- Spotify, Hulu Bundle Announced For College Students, Here's How To SubscribeInternational Business Times
- Spotify And Hulu Team Up To Offer Discount Bundle For StudentsThe Inquisitr
- Spotify and Hulu launch $5 bundle for college studentsNew York Post
- Spotify and Hulu partner on a discounted entertainment bundle, first aimed at ...TechCrunch
- Back to School Special: Spotify and Hulu Announce $4.99 Bundle for College ...Newsweek
- Students Can Now Get Both Spotify Premium and Hulu for $4.99/MonthGears Of Biz
- Spotify, Hulu Partner To Offer College Students $4.99 BundleCBS Philly
- Spotify Hulu Partnership Is Bringing Amazing Combination Bundles Forward-More ...Wccftech